For weeks and weeks now I’ve been hearing people talk about this phone with great excitement, many referring to it as the next generation smart phone. It is now available in Namibia!
Fast Tube by Casper
Looking at the specs:
- The display is a 5inch (1 inch bigger than the iPhone 5) Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi (greater than the iphone 5 as well)
- The version coming to Namibia (and South Africa for that matter) boasts a 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor.
- The network is all general but with support for 4G (LTE Cat 3 100/50Mbps)
- The OS is Android 4.2.2 (Jelly bean)
- Camera is 13 Mega pixel with Auto Focus
- Sensors include: Accelerometer, RGB light, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer (very fancy)
- Connectivity features WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth® 4.0, IR LED & MHL 2.0
With this said, most of the new advances in the Galaxy S4 are typically software based, I wont dispute that these features aren’t amazing but what does that say about the hardware? What makes this is the next generation smart phone? My argument here is, that the S3 was and is an amazing piece of machinery and if these features can be added to the S3, why would one upgrade to the S4?
Official Samsung Galaxy S IV Site: http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys4/
I remember Samsung not mentioning LTE on the S3’s launch but it was rumored to have it, we now know that we had to order a special version that came with 4G, not sure if its going to be the same with this one, will update this comment when I actually get my hands on one at one of Namibia’s Samsung stores and/or accredited retailers.
Galaxy SIV Pricing in Namibia:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 at Gadgets Namibia : N$ 8199.00
- Samsung Galaxy S4 at Orion Computers : N$ 7999.00
Local On line stores offering orders: